• Paramount+ • UEFA Champions League • UEFA Europa League • UEFA Europa Conference League • Italian Serie A • Coppa Italia • Liga Argentina Profesional • Scottish Professional Football League • NWSL Challenge Cup • AFC Champions League • Brasileirão Serie A • Watch CBS Sports Network • TV Shows & Listings • Bet Tottenham will try to keep pace in the race for a coveted top-four spot in the English Premier League table when it hosts Newcastle United on Sunday at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs (16-3-10) trail fourth-place Arsenal by three points entering Sunday's showdown but have played one more game. Tottenham has won consecutive league games, with only a loss to Manchester United in its past five. It faces 15th-place Newcastle (7-10-12), which lost two in a row before the break and has little to play for aside from pride. Kickoff is set newcastle vs tottenham 11:30 a.m. ET in London. Caesars Sportsbook lists Tottenham as the -190 favorite (risk $190 to win $100) on the 90-minute money line in its latest Tottenham vs.
Newcastle odds, with Newcastle the +550 underdog. A draw is priced at +310 and the over-under for total goals scored is set at 2.5. Before you bet the Tottenham vs.
Newcastle match or make any English Premier League predictions, you have to see what proven soccer insider Martin Green has to say. After working in the sports betting industry for several years, Green became a professional sports writer and handicapper and has covered the game worldwide. Since then, his European soccer picks have been stunningly accurate. Green has generated almost $35,000 for $100 bettors since the 2017-18 season, and he has his finger on the pulse of the game all over the globe.
Now, Green has broken down the Tottenham vs. Newcastle United matchup from every angle and just revealed his coveted Premier League picks and predictions. You can head to SportsLine now to see his picks. Here are the betting lines and trends for Newcastle vs. Tottenham: • Tottenham vs. Newcastle spread: Spurs -1.5 • Tottenham vs.
Newcastle over-under: 2.5 goals • Tottenham vs. Newcastle money line: Spurs -190, Newcastle +550, Draw +310 • TOT: Harry Kane has seven goals in the past seven league matches • NEW: It has not allowed more than one goal in 11 straight EPL games Why you should back Tottenham Spurs have played very well at home this season, posting nine victories, the fourth-most in the Premier League. They have scored 26 goals and allowed 16 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Tottenham is a better team by any measure, and prolific scorers Harry Kane (20 goals in all competitions) and Son Heung-Min (14) can cause major problems for any team. Spurs have scored 15 more goals than the Magpies this season (47-32) and allowed 13 fewer (36-49). Tottenham is 6-2-1 in the last nine meetings and won 3-2 in the reverse fixture back in October at St.
James' Park. Kane and Son both scored in that match, and Tottenham held the ball 65 percent of it and had a 14-7 edge in shots. The Magpies had one shot on target. They are second-to-last in the league in possession (39.8 percent), so Spurs should control this one. Newcastle puts just 30 percent of its shots on target, while Tottenahm leads the league in putting just over 38 percent of its attempts on net.
Why you should back Newcastle vs tottenham The Magpies spent more money than any team in the world, and they went on a nine-game unbeaten run in league play before their two-game skid. One of the two losses was to league power Chelsea but they also lost to a poor Everton team they had beaten 3-1 five weeks earlier. Veteran Chris Wood and 24-year-old Bruno Guimaraes were among the additions in January, and both scored in a 2-1 win against Southampton before the goals dried up the past newcastle vs tottenham games.
Wood has scored 137 goals in 416 matches across three divisions in England. The unbeaten run included a 1-1 draw with Manchester United, and Newcastle yielded just two goals in the losses but failed to score.
Before those two games, it had not been held off the score sheet since a loss to league leader Manchester City in late December. The break has given the Magpies time to regroup and get healthy, and they face a Spurs squad that has been wildly inconsistent.
Allan Saint-Maximin, the top scorer with five goals, should be back in the starting lineup Sunday, and goalkeeper Martin Dubravka also is expected to be available. How to make EPL and Tottenham vs. Newcastle picks Green has analyzed the Newcastle vs.
Tottenham match from all sides, and he is leaning Under on the goal total. He also provides two confident best bets and has a full breakdown of the match. He's only sharing his expert EPL picks at SportsLine. So, who wins Tottenham vs. Newcastle in Sunday's English Premier League matchup?
And where does all the betting value lie?
Visit SportsLine now to see the best bets for the Newcastle vs. Tottenham match, all from the European soccer expert who has generated almost $35,000 for $100 bettors over the past four seasons, and find out.
• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea • Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Southampton • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford • West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Bournemouth • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Fulham • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest • Peterborough United • Preston North End newcastle vs tottenham Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Keynes Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Newcastle vs tottenham United • Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool United • Leyton Orient newcastle vs tottenham Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport County • Northampton Town • Oldham Athletic • Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Newcastle vs tottenham • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Poland • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Newcastle vs tottenham • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Newcastle vs tottenham • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • PSV Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More Tottenham 5-1 Newcastle: Spurs come from behind to move into Champions League spots Match report and free highlights as unlikely goalscorers Ben Davies, Matt Doherty and Emerson Royal help Tottenham to a comeback win over Newcastle; Heung-min Son and sub Steven Bergwijn also hit newcastle vs tottenham net for third straight victory; Fabian Schar free-kick had given Newcastle the lead Tottenham moved up to fourth in the Premier League table and piled the pressure on rivals Arsenal with a thumping 5-1 comeback win at home to Newcastle.
Goals from Ben Davies and Matt Doherty either side of half-time turned the game around after Fabian Schar's free-kick flew past Hugo Lloris, and Spurs kept their foot on the pedal for a big win which boosts their belief for the run-in.
It was a man of the match display from Kane, despite being a surprise absentee from the scoresheet. Instead Emerson Royal added a fourth with his first goal for the club, and sub Steven Bergwijn raced through the centre of a suddenly exposed Newcastle defence to complete the rout. It's the first time Spurs have been in the Champions League qualifying spots since September and - with three Premier League wins on the spin - Antonio Conte's previously painfully inconsistent side look like they're hitting form at just the right time.
Trending • Papers: Ten Hag orders Newcastle vs tottenham Utd players in early for pre-season training • Carra: Mane to Bayern? He'll have me to deal with! - Klopp: He's a machine • Transfer Centre LIVE! Haaland to join City, Dortmund announce replacement • Man City confirm agreement to sign Haaland for £51m • PL could get up to seven Champions League spots as part of overhaul • Rudiger agrees Real Madrid deal ahead of Chelsea exit • Haaland Q&A: How much is the deal costing Man City?
• Norman: We're not trying to destroy PGA Tour - 'I don't answer to Saudi govt' • Nelson: Canelo should stay in his lane I Usyk would give him a beating • Carra: Haaland won't guarantee City success - Redknapp: PL getting a superstar • Video • Latest News • Conte on top-four race: Tottenham going up and up • Ginola: Newcastle must be 'reshaped from scratch' Arsenal - who now have two games in hand - can reclaim their top-four spot if they pick up a point at Crystal Palace on Monday Night Football, but the yet-to-be-rearranged postponed derby between the two rivals is shaping up to be potentially decisive.
Image: Matt Doherty scored one and set up another from left wing-back As for Newcastle, what appeared to be an ideal away day performance for 43 minutes fell away newcastle vs tottenham, with boss Eddie Howe regretting how his side "chased the game in a very aggressive way" when they fell 2-1 down.
They've now lost their last three but remain nine points clear of the relegation zone. Player ratings Tottenham: Lloris (5), Romero (8), Dier (7), Davies (7), Emerson (8), Bentancur (7), Hojbjerg (6), Doherty (7), Kulusevski (8), Son (8), Kane (9).
Subs: Winks (6), Moura (7), Bergwijn (8). Newcastle: Dubravka (5), Manquillo (5), Schar (6), Burn (5), Targett (4), Willock (6), Fraser (5), Shelvey (6), Joelinton (6), Saint-Maximin (6), Wood (5).
Subs: Murphy (6), Lascelles (6). Man of the Match: Harry Kane (Tottenham) This game marked three years since the first Tottenham match at their new stadium and in that time only Manchester City and Liverpool have won more points on their own patch.
That home advantage was clear early on, with Tottenham dominating possession and having as much as 83 per cent of the ball in the first 15 minutes. But Newcastle boast a good away record at Spurs, having won four of their previous seven and gone unbeaten in their two trips to the new arena, and they did well to limit Spurs to a deflected shot from Rodrigo Bentancur, a Kane shot wide, and an off-target Eric Dier free-kick in the early stages.
Team newcastle vs tottenham • Spurs made one change from the team that beat West Ham with Sergio Regulion ruled out with injury. Antonio Conte decided to go with Matt Doherty down the left and Emerson Royal on the right.
• Newcastle vs tottenham were three changes made by Eddie Howe, with Allan Saint-Maximin, Jonjo Shelvey and Javier Manquillo handed starts and Emile Krafth and Bruno Guimaraes benched with Miguel Almiron out. Newcastle carried a threat when they did have the ball, too, with Cristian Romero excellent in halting Allan Saint-Maximin and then pulling off a crucial block to deny Joe Willock from seven yards out.
• How the teams lined up - Match stats • Premier League table - Fixtures - Results • Watch Premier League highlights for free on Sky Sports • Download the Sky Sports App And it was Howe's side who struck first on 39 minutes - thanks to a helping hand from Son, who crashed into Willock on the edge of the box, and goalkeeper Lloris who should have done better with Schar's drive towards the bottom corner.
Ben Davies headed in Tottenham's equaliser moments after Newcastle had taken the lead. Tensions were running high moments before the half-time whistle sounded, with Joelinton, Bentancur and Saint-Maximin all booked after some pushing by the touchline, but Spurs applied their energy more positively newcastle vs tottenham minutes after the restart, with Doherty - playing in an unfamiliar left wing-back role - darting in to head home at the back post from Kane's excellent centre.
Matt Doherty stoops to head Tottenham in front against Newcastle. Son fittingly got on the scoresheet on 54 minutes to pull his side out of sight - he now has 27 Premier League goals at this ground, more than any other player.
The latest was wonderfully crafted, with Kane releasing Dejan Kulusevski to pick out the South Korean in the box. Heung Min Son adds a third goal for Tottenham as they extend their lead over Newcastle in the second half.
Schar desperately blocked to keep out Kane soon after but on an afternoon when Son was joined by some unexpected goalscorers, Emerson got himself into the six-yard box to add that fourth from Doherty's cross with just 63 minutes on the clock. Steven Bergwijn gets Tottenham's fifth goal as they take complete control against Newcastle. Son was kicking himself for shooting wide from a good opening newcastle vs tottenham sub Harry Winks bent an effort over the bar as Spurs continued to pile on the pressure against an increasingly ragged Newcastle, and it wasn't a surprise to see a fifth go in, with Lucas Moura bundling through the middle of the park before playing in Bergwijn for a cool finish.
Conte: Training ground time key; Kane the example for team-mates Tottenham boss Antonio Conte: "The space between games so we can work and not play every three days is helping us.
When you come in during the season you have to prepare for game, game, game. To have more days to work with my players is helpful to us as I have more time to transfer my philosophies on football to my players. This is very important. We can improve. This performance and the last few performances have given us great confidence but in England this league is difficult.
To play against us is difficult at the moment." Conte on Kane's form: "His performance was amazing. I said to him it was a shame he didn't score but he played in a fantastic way. To have a player like him in your team makes you strong. To know we have him in our side is very important because we he can score and create to chances.
"First of all I like the person. Some players with talent don't want to work hard. I have found a player who is a great man. He set the example from the very first day. This isn't normal because usually when you are top player you can work less, sometimes you are a bit lazy. He is a big example for his teammates. I have seen his desire to be competitive in every competition." Newcastle boss Eddie Howe admitted their 5-1 defeat to Tottenham could be a 'good thing' for the club and give them a chance to 'realign their thoughts'.
Newcastle boss Eddie Howe: "We produced a very good performance up until the moment Fabian scored. I was hugely disappointed to go in at 1-1. Bar a newcastle vs tottenham nervy moments at the start I thought we'd controlled them.
"The key goal is newcastle vs tottenham second goal - the manner of it from our perspective, we needed to feel our way into second half. Then we chased the game in a very aggressive way and played in a way we shouldn't have done.
We were far too open but it was in our desire to chase the game. "We became expansive, took risks with the ball and then got punished by a top-level team. Some of the goals they scored on transitions were very good. We didn't manage that part of the game at all. "It's a massive period coming up for us. We're aware this run of games we've just exited out of was difficult for us, a lot of away games, and we're pleased to return home where our form has been good.
We need the crowd and stadium united to make that atmosphere as intense as we can for our opponents. This is going to be a massive spell which will go a long way to dictate our fate this season. "This is a little jolt and reminder we can't get ahead of ourselves. Newcastle vs tottenham have to fight and battle for every point.
We have to use the pain of today in our next games and get the stadium absolutely rocking." Opta stats - Spurs clicking under Conte • This win took Tottenham Hotspur into fourth place in the Premier League; it's the first time Spurs have ended a day in the top four having played at least 20+ matches in that season since they finished 4th in 2018-19 under Mauricio Pochettino.
• Tottenham have gained 14 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season, now the most of any side. Conversely, Newcastle have dropped 24 points from leading positions in 2021-22, also now a league-high.
• Since Antonio Conte's first league game in charge of Tottenham in November, only Liverpool and Manchester City (both 50) have earned more points in the Premier League than Spurs (39).
• This was the biggest Premier League win by a side that conceded the game's opening goal since Spurs themselves defeated Manchester United 6-1 in October 2020. What's next?
Click here to find out more about our partners. – Premier League Arsenal Aston Villa Bournemouth Brentford Brighton and Hove Albion Burnley Chelsea Crystal Palace Everton Fulham Leeds United Leicester City Liverpool Manchester City Manchester United Newcastle United Norwich City Southampton Tottenham Hotspur Watford West Ham United Wolverhampton Wanderers Championship Cardiff City Derby County Huddersfield Town Middlesbrough Sheffield United Stoke City Swansea City West Bromwich Albion League One Hull City Sunderland U.S.
U-20 Men's National Team Subscribe: Tottenham vs Newcastle final score: Spurs send another message Heung-min Son and Matt Doherty each had a goal and an assist to make Tottenham vs Newcastle rather academic just after the hour mark of a 5-1 Spurs win that further illustrates the growing North London firepower in the Premier League.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium saw its heroes go down 1-0 on a Fabian Schar free kick but Ben Davies had a quick answer before Doherty, Son, and Emerson Royal struck between halftime and the 63rd minute.
Lucas Moura set up fellow sub Steven Bergwijn late to complete the score line. [ MORE: How to watch Premier League in USA ] Tottenham moves back into fourth place with 54 points, level with North London derby rivals Arsenal.
The Gunners play Monday as one of their two matches-in-hand with Spurs, though a remaining derby means Tottenham still controls its own top-four destiny. Tottenham has a better goal differential by two. Newcastle’s 31 points are good for 15th, nine points clear of the bottom three with eight matches left on its PL docket. WATCH TOTTENHAM vs NEWCASTLE FULL MATCH REPLAY STREAM – LINK Leicester vs Norwich final score: Foxes ease past Canaries Tottenham vs Newcastle final score, stats Tottenham 5, Newcastle 1 Goals scored: Schar (39′), Davies (43′), Doherty (48′), Son (54′), Royal (63′), Bergwijn (83′) Shots: Newcastle vs tottenham 16, Newcastle 8 Shots on target: Tottenham 6, Newcastle 1 Possession: Tottenham 62, Newcastle 38 Three things we learned from Tottenham vs Newcastle 1.
Magpies make moment matter (if only for a moment): A silly-enough foul on Joe Willock in a very dangerous area gave Newcastle its first newcastle vs tottenham chance to wreak havoc, and Fabian Schar stung a shot around the wall that Hugo Lloris could only slow on its way into the side netting. It was indicative of Newcastle in years-past, bunkering newcastle vs tottenham and hoping to deliver via a moment. Unfortunately for them, the lead lasted a very short period of time as Ben Davies turned a terrific Heung-min Son cross inside of Martin Dubravka’s far post.
2. Set pieces undo Newcastle: Davies’ header newcastle vs tottenham Tottenham’s second bite at a late first-half corner kick showed Newcastle wasn’t at its best with balls in the air if Dan Burn wasn’t near them, and a terrible Newcastle free kick early in the second half allowed Spurs to burst forward with a counterattack that saw Kane cue up his latest assist as the Magpies failed to deal with a cross at the other end.
Ugly. 3. Say it again — “All top four roads go through North London”: While we wait for the Premier League to give us a date for the postponed North London derby, it’s looking more and more newcastle vs tottenham the only way it won’t be one NLD rival to reach the top four is if Chelsea somehow drops out of the picture because Spurs and Arsenal both join the fun. Tottenham is too good with this manager and the additions of Cristian Romero, Rodrigo Betancur, and Dejan Kulusevski joined a back-to-their-best Heung-min Son and Harry Kane in making this team capable of a Champions League return.
Man of the Match: Heung-min Son — He was everywhere and might’ve had a hat trick on a different day. His goal and assist were part of an industrious day as Newcastle did keep the ball out of his feet but Son’s three key passes were part of Tottenham’s show. At least Newcastle got a cool highlight out of this one
• All Teams Premier League • Arsenal • Aston Villa • Brentford • Brighton • Burnley • Chelsea • Crystal Palace • Everton • Leeds United • Leicester City • Liverpool • Manchester City • Manchester United • Newcastle United • Norwich City • Southampton • Tottenham Hotspur • Watford newcastle vs tottenham West Ham United • Wolverhampton Championship • Barnsley • Birmingham City • Blackburn Rovers • Blackpool • Bournemouth • Bristol City • Cardiff City • Coventry City • Derby County • Fulham • Huddersfield Town • Hull City • Luton Town • Middlesbrough • Millwall • Nottingham Forest newcastle vs tottenham Peterborough United • Preston North End • Queens Park Rangers • Reading • Sheffield United • Stoke City • Swansea City • West Bromwich Albion League One • AFC Wimbledon • Accrington Stanley • Bolton Wanderers • Burton Albion • Cambridge United • Charlton Athletic • Cheltenham Town • Crewe Alexandra • Doncaster • Fleetwood Town • Gillingham • Ipswich Town • Lincoln City • Milton Keynes Dons • Morecambe • Oxford Utd • Plymouth Argyle • Portsmouth • Rotherham United • Sheffield Wednesday • Shrewsbury Town • Sunderland • Wigan Athletic • Wycombe Wanderers League Two • Barrow • Bradford City • Bristol Rovers • Carlisle United • Colchester United • Crawley Town • Exeter City • Forest Green Rovers • Harrogate Town • Hartlepool Newcastle vs tottenham • Leyton Orient • Macclesfield Town • Mansfield • Newport County • Northampton Town • Oldham Athletic newcastle vs tottenham Port Vale • Rochdale • Salford City • Scunthorpe United • Stevenage • Sutton United • Swindon Town • Tranmere Rovers • Walsall Scottish Premiership • Aberdeen • Celtic • Dundee • Dundee United • Heart of Midlothian • Hibernian • Livingston • Motherwell • Rangers • Ross County • St Johnstone • St Mirren Women's Super League • Arsenal Women • Aston Villa Women • Birmingham City Women • Brighton and Hove Albion Women • Chelsea Women • Everton Women • Leicester City Women • Manchester City Women • Manchester United Women • Reading Women • Tottenham Hotspur Women • West Ham United Women Scottish Championship • Hamilton Academical • Kilmarnock • Partick Thistle Scottish League One • Alloa Athletic Scottish League Two • Forfar Athletic World Cup • Uruguay European U21 Championship • England • Italy Internationals • Albania • Algeria • Angola • Argentina • Australia • Austria • Belgium • Bolivia • Bosnia-Herzegovina • Brazil • Burkina Faso • Cameroon • Cape Verde • Chile • Colombia • Congo DR • Costa Rica • Croatia • Czech Republic • Denmark • Ecuador • Egypt • England • Ethiopia • France • Germany • Ghana • Greece • Honduras • Hungary • Iceland • Iran • Italy • Ivory Coast • Jamaica • Japan • Korea DPR • Korea Republic • Mali • Mexico • Morocco • Netherlands • New Zealand • Niger • Nigeria • Northern Ireland • Panama • Paraguay • Peru • Poland • Portugal • Republic of Ireland • Romania • Russia • Saudi Arabia • Scotland • Senegal • Serbia • Slovakia • Slovenia • South Africa • Spain • Sweden • Switzerland • Togo • Tunisia • Turkey • USA • Ukraine • Venezuela • Wales • Zambia La Liga • Athletic Bilbao • Atletico Madrid • Barcelona • Cadiz • Celta Vigo • Deporteivo Alaves • Espanyol • Getafe • Granada • Levante • Osasuna • Rayo Vallecano • Real Betis • Real Madrid • Real Mallorca • Real Sociedad • Sevilla • Valencia • Villarreal Serie A • AC Milan • Atalanta • Bologna • Cagliari • Empoli • Fiorentina • Genoa • Inter Milan • Juventus • Lazio • Napoli • Roma • Salernitana • Sampdoria • Torino • Udinese • Venezia • Verona Bundesliga • Arminia Bielefeld • Bayer Leverkusen • Bayern Munich • Borussia Dortmund • Borussia Monchengladbach • Cologne • Eintracht Frankfurt • FC Augsburg • FSV Mainz 05 • Greuther Furth • Hertha Berlin • RB Leipzig • SC Freiburg • Union Berlin • VFL Bochum • VfB Stuttgart • Wolfsburg Ligue 1 • Brest • Clermont Foot • Evian TG • FC Metz • Girondins Bordeaux • Lille • Lorient • Monaco • Nantes • Nice • Olympique Lyonnais • Olympique Marseille • Paris St Germain • RC Lens • RC Strasbourg • Reims • Sochaux • St Etienne • Stade Rennes • Troyes • Valenciennes Eredivisie • ADO Den Haag • AZ Alkmaar • Ajax • FC Emmen • FC Groningen • FC Twente • FC Utrecht • Feyenoord • Fortuna Sittard • Heerenveen • Heracles Almelo • PEC Zwolle • PSV Eindhoven • RKC Waalwijk • Sparta Rotterdam • VVV Venlo • Vitesse Arnhem • Willem II Tilb • Tables • Leagues/Cups • Fixtures • Results • Transfers • Video • Sky Bet • On Sky • More Newcastle 2-3 Tottenham: Harry Kane scores first Premier League goal of season as Newcastle lose first game under new owners Report and free match highlights as Harry Kane, Tanguy Ndombele and Heung-Min Son score for Spurs; Callum Wilson fires Newcastle ahead inside two minutes; Jonjo Shelvey sent off late on before Eric Dier own goal; play newcastle vs tottenham been suspended after a medical emergency Harry Kane scored his first Premier League goal of the season as Tottenham condemned Newcastle to a 3-2 defeat in their first game under new ownership.
There was a festival atmosphere ahead of kick-off as the Newcastle fans welcomed their new owners into the directors' box. It began well on the field too as Callum Wilson nodded home inside two minutes to send the stands into raptures. However, things soon unravelled as Tottenham quickly took the lead. Tanguy Ndombele (17) curled home a wonderful equaliser, before Kane (22) opened his Premier League account for the season.
His strike had initially been ruled out for offside, but a VAR review overturned the decision and the goal stood. But an incident in the stands towards the end of the first half saw play suspended for 24 minutes. A Newcastle supporter needed urgent medical attention and the teams returned to the dressing room as they received treatment, before being stabilised and taken to hospital. • Newcastle-Tottenham game halted due to medical emergency • What is CPR and how do you perform it?
When play resumed, Tottenham added their third. Kane and Heung-Min Son (45+4) linked up for the first time since February, with the South Korean forward poking home, and taking them to within one goal of Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba's Premier League combined goals record. Trending • Transfer Centre LIVE! Frank hopeful Eriksen will remain at Brentford • Papers: Rice to reject eight-year West Ham deal amid Man Utd, Chelsea interest • Vardy was 'just joking' amid claim she leaked footballer 'affair' story • Conte calling for calm ahead of NLD debut • Premier League table - as newcastle vs tottenham stands • Mourinho on Man Utd, second-year Roma plans & 'Smalldini' • Carra: Mane to Bayern?
He'll have me to deal with! - Klopp: He's a machine • Newcastle vs tottenham to succeed Hodgson at Watford after controversial Forest Green exit • Arteta: Saka, White doubts for NLD - 'My most exciting game as boss' • Alan Smith's NLD preview: 'Anything can happen' • Video • Newcastle vs tottenham News Callum Wilson scored Newcastle's opener after two minutes It was a raucous pre-match celebration inside St James' Park. Fans waved black and white flags, held banners aloft and sang along to the stadium soundtrack as the smiling new owners took their places in the directors' box.
It was almost written in the stars when Wilson nodded home Newcastle's opener inside two minutes. The goal came from a wonderful team move too as Allan Saint-Maximin picked out Javier Manquillo down the right.
Wilson was waiting, easily beating Sergio Romero, to nod the cross past Hugo Lloris from close range as St James' Park erupted. • How the teams lined up - Match stats • Premier League fixtures - Table - Get Sky Sports Tanguy Ndombele levelled for Tottenham in the first half Fifteen minutes later though, and Tottenham were level, having taken their time to warm-up amid the boisterous home atmosphere.
It was too simple for Spurs too, as Sergio Reguilon squared the ball across the top of the area for the waiting Ndombele, who had far too much time to shape his shot into the corner.
Player ratings Tottenham: Lloris (6), Emerson (7), Romero (7), Dier (7), Reguilon (7), Nbombele (8), Hojbjerg (7), Skipp (7), Moura (7), Son (7), Kane (7). Subs used: n/a Newcastle: Darlow (6), Manquillo (6), Clark (6), Lascelles (6), Ritchie (6), Hayden (6), S Longstaff (6), Willock (6), Saint-Maximin (7), Joelinton (6), Wilson (7).
Subs used: Shelvey (4), Fraser (5), Murphy (5). Man of the match: Sergio Reguilon and Eric Dier. Shortly after, Kane finally opened his Premier League account for the season and it took a VAR intervention to do so. It was a brilliant ball over the top from Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, catching the run of Kane on the shoulder of the Newcastle defence. The Spurs striker then expertly lifted the ball over the oncoming Karl Darlow and into the back of the net.
Harry Kane's goal was given after a VAR intervention Kane was initially flagged for offside, but VAR intervened. It did not take too long to show Manquillo was playing the striker onside over on the left, and the decision was overturned as Tottenham quickly took the lead. While Tottenham began to dominate proceedings, Newcastle went close to equalising. Joelinton picked out Wilson on the left, who held the ball up well while waiting for Saint-Maximin's arrival.
However, Reguilon defended him well as the ball evaded Saint-Maximin at the back post. Lucas Moura then saw a header from Son's corner hit the crossbar. Team news • Newcastle vs tottenham Lascelles and Callum Wilson returned to the starting line-up, replacing Federico Fernandez and Miguel Almiron in two changes from the 2-1 defeat at Wolves. • Tottenham were unchanged from their 2-1 win over Aston Villa a fortnight ago. Sergio Romero started despite playing for Argentina in the early hours of Friday morning.
Giovanni Lo Celso, who also played in that win over Peru, was on the bench. However, play was soon brought to a halt after a medical emergency was spotted in the stands.
Newcastle club doctor Paul Catterson and other medics were sent over to the supporter as Andre Marriner signalled for the players to return to the dressing room. Once the fan's condition had been stabilised, the players resumed the game with seven minutes of additional time in the first half.
Heung-Min Son finishes a brilliant team goal for Spurs' third It did not take long for Tottenham to add their third. It was another superb team goal from the visitors, but it was Kane who newcastle vs tottenham the ball into the six-yard box for the waiting Son. He then fired home at the far post as Spurs went into half-time with a commanding lead. After an elongated and worrying first half, the second half understandably did not match the intensity of the first.
Tottenham still saw the better of the play though, with Ndombele firing wide of the target on the hour mark. Jonjo Shelvey saw red after 24 minutes after coming on as a substitute Newcastle were reduced to 10 men as Shelvey, who was initially booked for a nick on Ndombele, took out Reguilon as he looked to drive into the area.
But Newcastle were given a lifeline in the 89th minute after a disastrous own goal from Dier. Jacob Murphy delivered an innocuous free-kick into newcastle vs tottenham area, and the Spurs midfielder looked unsure on how to clear it. In the end, it bounced awkwardly off his body before firing past Lloris.
Newcastle vs tottenham Dier's own-goal gave Newcastle hope of a point It is the second successive Premier League victory for Tottenham, while Newcastle remain winless in all competitions this season, throwing Steve Bruce's future - who took charge of his 1,00th game as a manager - into further doubt. • Download the Sky Sports Scores App: Apple - Android • The UK's No 1 scores app: Find out more Men of the match - Sergio Reguilon and Eric Dier First aired in 2018, we explain how to perform CPR with David Ginola, Jamie Carragher and Monday Night Football presenter David Jones CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and is a medical technique which is given to someone who goes into cardiac arrest.
That occurs when the heart encounters an electrical newcastle vs tottenham and stops pumping blood around the body and to the brain, causing the person to fall out of consciousness and stop breathing. Medics define this as 'clinical death', which is the onset of biological death, although CPR can help re-start the person's heart functions and save their life. By administering chest compressions and rescue breaths, the CPR performer helps to pump blood and oxygen around the person's body, taking over the role of their heart and lungs.
After the first-half of Newcastle's match with Tottenham was suspended after a fan was taken ill in the stands, David Ginola explains the importance of CPR and defibrillators in saving lives after his life was saved five years ago Always seek professional help by calling 999 before starting CPR.
The NHS's advice to carry out chest compressions is as follows: • Place the heel of your hand on the breastbone at the centre of the person's chest. Place your other hand on top of your first hand and interlock your fingers.
• Position yourself with your shoulders above your hands. • Using your body weight (not just your arms), press straight down by 5 to 6cm (2 to 2.5 inches) on their chest. • Keeping your hands on their chest, release the compression and allow the chest to return to its original position.
• Repeat these compressions at a rate of 100 to 120 times a minute until an ambulance arrives or you become exhausted.
The British Heart Foundation recommends that in an emergency situation it is better to try and perform CPR, even if unsure, rather than to not do anything at all.
What the managers said Steve Bruce suffered defeat to Tottenham in his 1,000th match as a manager and the Newcastle boss says it is for others to decide whether he will stay in charge of the club Newcastle manager Steve Bruce: "We were certainly beaten by the better team.
After a wonderful start, unfortunately the problems that we've had for a while now defensively was there for everyone to see. The goals we gave away, you could say it was a lot of good play from Tottenham, but our defending left a lot to be desired to say the least.
"I think we've started a few games like that - we've got off to a good start, we've scored and got our noses in front, but unfortunately at the moment, we're not able to defend well enough as a team. I'm not criticising the back four or the newcastle vs tottenham players, football is a team game, but from front to back at the moment, we're not defending well enough.
"We have tried to change and be a little bit more on the front foot, but it's difficult because you cannot keep having to score three goals to win a match." Sergio Reguilon and Harry Kane speak about the Newcastle fan that was taken ill at St James' Park, Reguilon explaining that he asked the referee to stop the match so the fan could receive treatment from club doctors On newcastle vs tottenham future: "That's for other people to decide.
If I newcastle vs tottenham reading everything and seeing everything last week, I might not have been here today. But my job is to get a few results and unfortunately, if you're a manager in the Premier League and you haven't won in seven or eight, you become under pressure.
It's part and parcel of being in the Premier League with the big boys and I'll crack on and carry on as best I can until I hear otherwise.
"Every football club needs clarity from the top right through to all the things that make a football club what it is. The new owners have been very respectful, I can't say enough of them with the way they've gone about their business. But Rome wasn't built in a day, as they say. We've got our frailties as a team and it's up to me, in the near future anyway, to hopefully get better." Nuno Espirito Santo admits his side knew what to expect with the excitement surrounding the Newcastle takeover and reacted well after their bad start to the match Tottenham manager Nuno Espirito Santo: "I think we handled it well, but we didn't start well.
We knew what was coming, what's happening around Newcastle, the atmosphere. They came and we weren't able to handle it, but we came back fast and really good. "We played really good football. We achieved goals, we controlled the game.
It was a really positive performance. "We stayed in the game and kept it steady. We knew it was about possession and finding the right spaces, and we did that. The moment that we started moving the ball around created a lot of problems for Newcastle in finding the gaps in the small pockets that newcastle vs tottenham talented players can find. They built well and they played such good football, I'm really proud of them.
"It's a long process, but today, we made another step. We reacted to the goal we conceded, we've been able to play good and improve from our previous international break that was a disruption to get back into the rhythm.
The players need to play together so I believe that the more time we spend newcastle vs tottenham the training ground creating partnerships, improvement will come." Skipp's recall has helped stabilise Spurs Image: Oliver Skipp's passes for Tottenham against Newcastle Analysis from Sky Sports' Adam Bate: Oliver Skipp might not be the most celebrated name in the Tottenham line-up but his recall to the team after being left out of the defeats to Chelsea and Arsenal might prove a turning point in their season.
His partnership with Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Tanguy Ndombele shows real promise. The 21-year-old midfielder's careful use of the ball was crucial in wrestling back control of the game in an initially frenzied atmosphere at St James' Park.
He completed 72 passes with the best passing accuracy of any player on the pitch, circulating possession sensibly throughout. It echoed the control that he had shown in Tottenham's previous victory, the much-improved showing against Aston Villa before the international break. Speaking exclusively to Sky Sports ahead of the Newcastle game, Nuno Espirito Santo identified it as a tactical breakthrough.
"It worked really well," Nuno explained. "We were able to be more solid in the middle of the park with Skipp and Hojbjerg being side by side, although we still allowed one of them to have freedom to support in attack. It was the same idea but a little bit different and it worked better." After a sluggish start, the same proved true here. Not only does the presence of Skipp at the base of midfield free up Ndombele to have more of an impact in the final third - scoring the equaliser - it also encourages the full-backs to advance and provider greater support in attack.
Sergio Reguilon was still racing forward late on, drawing the foul that led to Jonjo Shelvey's red card. "If you have a square, two centre-halves and the two midfielders, that can release the players in the wide areas while, at the same time, keeping the balance of the team," Nuno had noted.
Heung-Min Son has been Tottenham's outstanding performer, while the return to form newcastle vs tottenham fitness of Harry Kane might well be the more obvious determining factor in the team's success this season.
But it is Skipp who has brought some much needed tactical stability. Opta stats • Since the beginning of the 2019-20 campaign, when Steve Bruce replaced Rafa Benitez as Newcastle manager, the Magpies have dropped the most points from winning positions on home soil of any Premier League side (28).
• Tottenham have now gone on to win each of their last four Premier League matches when conceding the first goal within the opening two minutes (5-1 v Bournemouth in Oct 2015, 4-1 v Southampton in Dec 2016 & 6-1 v Man Utd in Oct 2020). • Spurs striker Harry Kane has scored six goals in eight Premier League appearances at St. James' Park - five of which have come in his last three visits - with only Wayne Rooney scoring more goals there as an away player in the competition (9 in 12).
In fact, in Premier League history, only Rooney (94) has scored more away goals than Kane (88), who moved one clear of Alan Shearer (87) this afternoon.
• Substitute Jonjo Shelvey was shown the fifth red card of his Premier League career, and third since joining Newcastle; two of those three have come against Spurs, also receiving his marching orders in this fixture back in August 2017.
What's next? Newcastle are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Crystal Palace in the Premier League; kick-off 3pm. Tottenham resume their Europa Conference League campaign on Thursday with a visit to Vitesse Arnhem. They will then be back in Super Sunday action next weekend when they travel to West Ham, live on Sky Sports; kick-off 2pm.
ESPN • • Facebook • Twitter • Facebook Messenger • Pinterest • Email A late Joe Willock equaliser dented Tottenham Hotspur's top four hopes as they were held to a 2-2 draw at Newcastle United on Sunday.
Harry Kane scored a quickfire double after Joelinton's opener to put Spurs in the lead but Willock's late strike frustrated Jose Mourinho's side. - Stream LIVE games and replays on ESPN+ (U.S. only) Spurs missed the chance to leapfrog Chelsea into the top four as Spurs move into fifth place and Newcastle remain in 17th place, just three points above the bottom newcastle vs tottenham. Newcastle newcastle vs tottenham off brightly and almost took the lead after newcastle vs tottenham minutes but Hugo Lloris produced a stunning double save to deny Dwight Gayle from close range.
"Whenever you're ahead in a game, as we have been a lot this season, and you give the lead away in the last five to 10 minutes, it's always hard to take," Kane told BBC Sport. He added: "I feel like we could have played better in the second half.
We were a bit sloppy. We didn't take our chances and got punished for it." Arsenal loanee Newcastle vs tottenham Willock snatched a late equaliser for Newcastle to dent Tottenham's chances of a top four finish. SCOTT HEPPELL/POOL/AFP via Getty Images Spurs responded and thought they opened the scoring but Carlos Vinicius' strike was ruled out for offside. The hosts did find the breakthrough after 28 minutes after Sean Longstaff capitilised on some poor Spurs defending to set up Joelinton to score.
Less than a minute later, it was Spurs who benefitted from Newcastle's defensive mistake as Kane walked the ball into the net after a mix up inside the box. Kane put Spurs ahead four minutes later when he latched onto Tanguy Ndombele's pass and struck the ball into the bottom corner. Newcastle came close to an equaliser after the break but Lloris produced a fingertip save to stop Miguel Almiron's curling strike.
Both sides had good chances to score after the hour mark but Japhet Tanganga's header was cleared off the line and Joelinton's close-range header went wide. With five minutes remaining, Kane came close to clinching his hat trick but his strike came off the post.
Moments later, Newcastle grabbed an equaliser as Willock reacted quickest in the box to dent Spurs' chances of finishing into the top four. "I'm an Arsenal player so it does makes it a bit sweeter," Willock, who came on in the 79th minute, said. "[Manager Steve Bruce] told me to come on, run around and get in the box to try and score goals.
I'm happy I was able to do that." • Facebook • Twitter • Facebook Messenger • • Email POS Team GP Newcastle vs tottenham PTS 1 Manchester City 35 +68 86 2 Liverpool 36 +65 86 3 Chelsea 35 +39 67 4 Arsenal 35 +14 66 5 Tottenham Hotspur 35 +20 62 6 Manchester United 37 +1 58 7 West Ham United 36 newcastle vs tottenham 55 8 Wolverhampton Wanderers 35 +1 50 9 Brighton & Hove Albion 36 -4 47 10 Crystal Palace 35 +4 44 11 Aston Villa 35 -1 43 12 Brentford 36 -8 43 13 Newcastle United 36 -21 43 14 Leicester City 34 -7 42 15 Southampton 36 -20 40 16 Everton 34 -19 35 17 Burnley 35 -17 34 18 Leeds United 35 -35 34 19 Watford 35 -38 22 20 Norwich City 35 -53 21 Full Table